Thursday, August 25, 2011

Smoke Signals

And just like the split second you have
between striking a match
To light a cigarette
Before the wind extinguishes the flame.
That is how quickly,
how desperately
I fell in love with you.

Charge.
Ignite.
Connect.
Pull you into me.

Aware of the danger.
Deeply inhaling the desire.
Sheer, hazy, poisonous wanting.

Come into me.
Flood me from the inside.
Stain me.
This vessel is pitless.
Don’t pity me.
I am aware of the effects.

Each kiss like a game of chicken.
Full speed.
Gauging focus.
Waging war against my body.
The Russian Roulette of your
Touch.
Caress.
Embrace.

Defiance vs. Embarrassment.
No judgment.
Only the sweet release.
Each light leads to darkness.
Pushing.
Hardening.
Stiffing.

Compacted. 
You slide out.
Onto my lips.
Fading worry.
Relax me.
Release me.
Leave your scent on my skin.
Ever lingering.
Split seconded in the wind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment